I am such a sucker when it is about the monochrome look. It is a secret for nobody that my favourite colour is black and I prefer to wear it with other things black. But monochrome is not only black on black on black on black on black… never ending black. Since early this year, I started to expand my interest to another colour, white, grey, and other pale shades. The focus for this style update is a monochrome approach.
Here are 5 reasons to convince yourself you need a monochrome approach in your life.
1. The best way to build your ultimate wardrobe is to choose one or two specific colours in exact shade as The Foundation for Your Entire Wardrobe. My advice is to choose the colour which you can wear them to work, date nights, weekend events and weddings. Mine is black, it is very useful to have on hand.
2. The monochrome is a Styling Essential. Are you not convinced yet? Take two clothing pieces, such as a t-shirt and a pair of sneakers, in the same colour. No matter what you choose to wear with these two items, you will look good in it. Please leave the bright neon colour or burn it. Monochrome style approach can be styled in numerous ways.
3. When Detail is the cherry on the cake. Yup! Your statement item will look more interesting when you wear it with a monochrome ensemble.
4. Not less important but have nothing to do with shades or colours. I am talking about the holy grail on building your wardrobe. Good Quality Matter! Believe me, I am not talking about high priced clothes. For example, it is more about, premium cotton instead of just cotton.
5. A monochrome approach will Make You Feel Good. There is nothing like wearing a monochrome outfit. It will make you feel good when people think that you put a lot of attention on your look. Creating an immaculate look using colours from the same shades and make it stay interesting is much more difficult than throwing tonnes of prints and colours like you just vomit the rainbow in a baroque period. Monochrome is your best friend, reliable and always on your team.
The blog post “A MONOCHROME APPROACH” published on ChristianGertsen.com – Dutch Street Style, Travel & Men’s Lifestyle & Style Blog.
Street Style, Travel & Personal Style Blog
Street style has become just as major as the runway shows them. Check out these street style photos for fashion inspiration! Thank you for visiting my Dutch Street Style Blog.
ChristianGertsen.com Blog is a go-to resource for inspirational personal style, travel journal, menswear, global street style, well-read culture vultures, foodies, grooming and independent style. This site is ‘more than a’ Fashion blog! ChristianGertsen.com Blog is a one unique Amsterdam Street Style and Men’s Style Blog. Providing you not only personal vanity but injected some valuable information. ChristianGertsen.com Blog is presenting you my view on high-end and high-street fashion through street style snapshots captured by me. Personal style breathes on this blog through the outfit posts, wish list, wardrobe essentials en new-ins in the shopping section.