Do you remember all the New Year resolutions you have promised yourself? I am not, or at least, and I only remember one; Aim for Happiness!
Half a year and a month have already passed since the New Year full of resolutions and goals. Maybe summer lagged you down in your eagerness to reach your goals, or maybe you haven’t given much thought to your purposes.
I know the feeling. This year must be the worst. Those 12 months gym membership was less than half effectively used. Not to forget the idea of being more conscious in upgrading my lifestyle and be freer in daily life. And what about travel more? I am doing it too less. To stay in the positive mood, I managed to re-design my blog which launched couple days ago and proud about this. But when it comes to writing more meaningful and excellent contents, I am not even there yet.
There are many steps to get yourself back on track and get going with reaching our set goals.
1. Life is not that bad. It is not the load that breaks you down; it’s the way you carry it. You can use pain and frustration to motivate you rather than annoy you. Think another way around. You are in control of the way you look at life. Beautiful things happen when you distance yourself from negative thinking. Positive thinking will also give you more energy to face the day when it is not that easy.
2. I really can not understand when someone said: “I do not have a choice”. You always have a choice! Always! Choose to be negative, and you’ll find lots of reasons to stop and frown. Decide to be positive, and you’ll find plenty of reasons to move forward and laugh. Truly, the most powerful weapon against pressure and despair is our ability to choose one thought over another. Exercise your mind to see the good in everything.
3. A difficult one, but I force myself to let go. After learning it for some time, I am getting quite good with it. One of the most satisfying and meaningful moments in life is the time you lastly find the guts to let go of what you can’t change. When you stop grieving and protesting about what you can’t control, you have more time to modify the things you can control. And that improves everything.
4. I try to keep reminding my self that an effort is not a waste, even when it leads to disappointing results. For it always makes you stronger, more educated, and more experienced. So when the going gets tough, be patient and keep going. Just because you have to struggle hard does NOT mean you are going to fail or not capable. Every great success demands some effort to get there.
5. It is ok to find a helping hand because four hands or ten are better than two. Asking for help is not a symbol of weakness, but complaining is. Complaining never takes you further and closer to the place where you wish to be.
6. The next step was dismissing the toxic energies in life while being more approachable to the people and things that are matter! But the feeling of being stuck, and if that is what you feel, these steps might be able to help you to get on track with your goals again.
The blog post “HOW TO GOING BACK ON TRACK IN LIFE” published on ChristianGertsen.com – Dutch Street Style, Travel & Men’s Lifestyle & Style Blog.
Street Style, Travel & Personal Style Blog
Street style has become just as major as the runway shows them. Check out these street style photos for fashion inspiration! Thank you for visiting my Dutch Street Style Blog.
ChristianGertsen.com Blog is a go-to resource for inspirational personal style, travel journal, menswear, global street style, well-read culture vultures, foodies, grooming and independent style. This site is ‘more than a’ Fashion blog! ChristianGertsen.com Blog is a one unique Amsterdam Street Style and Men’s Style Blog. Providing you not only personal vanity but injected some valuable information. ChristianGertsen.com Blog is presenting you my view on high-end and high-street fashion through street style snapshots captured by me. Personal style breathes on this blog through the outfit posts, wish list, wardrobe essentials and new-ins in the shopping section.