There are two colours that always save me from an outfit tiredness. White and Black. I often feel clueless and desperation when I am entering my walk-in wardrobe to find the answer on ‘oh what I have to wear today’. The first thought I get in my head is almost always ‘I have nothing to wear.’ Nothing! Can you imagine the feeling? You are entering a room full of clothes but yet, feeling helpless? And, what did happen until I am wearing white in Copenhagen?
Then only one thing left, I try to collect all the pieces of motivation I have from the floor and start trying to style the good and comfortable outfit of the day.
Which steps did I take for wearing white in Copenhagen?
- In the time of confusions and uninspired, picking up a white colour shirt. Starting with one piece will give a good start to work on the next step. A primary colour such as white and black is the best start point for an outfit. My favourite is a classic white shirt such as the Acne Studio Ohio Face White Shirts from LN-CC or the AMI Alexandre Mattiussi black shirt from Farfetch.
- Repeat the colour scheme. So after deciding to wear one primary colour, the best way is to repeat the colour of the shoes, accessories or decide to use some layering. In the winter a good puffer jacket in white will complete the look. I am digging this Topman black puffer jacket.
- Wear a centre of attention piece to complement the look. Of course, the next step is to find one piece no one will expect in this outfit. I find my Rick Owens x Adidas white sneakers are unexpected for this style.
- Another important part of the look is how comfortable the clothes on you.
- Be less worried about the look. Of course, you have the feeling that you wore all of your clothes hundred of times. And that might be true. Consider this; you know it but not everyone knows it. Play with all the clothes you have in the wardrobe until you are feeling happy with it. The combination will create a new impression on the clothes.
I am wearing Nølson white shirt, Rick Owens x Adidas sneakers & Mango Man Skinny denim in grey.